It’s November already! It’s getting colder and darker – but enough of that, let’s look at what we did last month!
WHAT I READ IN OCTOBER
- April Fools – Ritchie Tankersley Cusick
- Fetch Nurse Connie – Jean Fullerton
- Dying in the Wool (Kate Shackleton #1) – Frances Brody (audiobook)
- Midnight Alley (Morganville Vampires #3) Rachel Caine
- Dead Man’s Cove (Laura Marlin #1) – Lauren St John (Review here)
- Under a Vampire Moon (Argeneau Vampires #16) – Lynsay Sands
- Shakespeare’s Counselor (Lily Bard#5) – Charlaine Harris
- Red Dwarf: Infinity Welcomes Careful Drivers -Rob Grant (audiobook narrated by Chris Barrie)
- Feast of Fools (Morganville Vampires #4) – Rachel Caine
- Deep Water – Buffy TV tie-in
- The Bookshop Book – Jen Campbell
- The Cordelia Collection – Buffy TV tie-in
- Here Be Monsters – Buffy TV tie-in
- Gangsta Granny – David Walliams (audiobook also narrated by David Walliams)
- The Lady is a Vamp (Argeneau Vampires #17) – Lynsay Sands
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince – audiobook narrated by Stephen Fry
I seem to have inadvertently had a bit of a Halloween theme going on with my reading list this month!
There are also a couple of things I haven’t finished yet:
- A Woman Unknown (Kate Shackleton #4) – Frances Brody (audiobook)
- The Mystery of the Burnt Cottage – Enid Blyton (Latest post here)
You can check out my past, present and future reads at Goodreads too.
WHAT I’VE WATCHED
- Hollyoaks (I still watch this religiously)
- The Originals (spin off from the Vampire Diaries) also on Netflix
- Only Connect – the quiz show on BBC2
- The Adventure Series – I reviewed Valley of Adventure here
- Hocus Pocus and The Thing (about as scary as I can handle for Halloween!)
- Red Dwarf (both the latest series and the reruns shown after it)
- A lot of Friends now that we get Comedy Central
WHAT I’VE DONE
- Well, first and foremost, I got engaged!
- Dressed up as a goth for work during the Halloween weekend.
- Visited the aquarium in St Andrews (which definitely wasn’t there in Julian and co’s time.)
- Went for exactly one run and then managed to be ‘too busy’ to go for another one the rest of the month
- Continued to work hard behind the scenes on the blog
- Spent hours writing our Halloween fic
WHAT STEF HAS READ
- Imaginary Fred – Eoin Colfer
- The Mystery of the Secret Room – Enid Blyton (reviewed here)
And her current read:
- A French Affair – Katie Fford
WHAT STEF HAS WATCHED
- I have also watched Red Dwarf, and the re-runs.
- The new series of QI on iPlayer, with the new host Sandi Toksvig which has been brilliant.
- Along side that I’ve been watching the episodes of the 70s Famous Five, for which you can find the reviews here.
- Plus various episodes of the Night Cops and Police Dogs, just to pass the time!
WHAT STEF HAS DONE
Although my news isn’t as fantastic as Fiona’s engagement, I do have myself a new relationship which is wonderful and going along nicely. It’s nice to have someone to cuddle up to on the cold winter nights and someone to share things with.
I have been running around organising my library for Halloween and now I’m beginning to organise it for Christmas. I am also proud to say that I’ve started my Christmas shopping, which is no mean feat when you’re lazy like me.
I also spent my first Halloween out in a long time, with my new beau, dressed as a cat. It seemed to go down quite well and was an easy costume to put together.
Last but not least, I attended my first ever Thai Boxing event to watch some close friends from my boxing club win some fantastic matches. I’m so proud of my Peun Taan family and love that I am now friends with a European champion.
That’s all from me, lets hope I have more to tell you in November!
Congrats on your engagement, Fiona :)! That’s wonderful.
Thank you, Chrissie
LikeLiked by 1 person
Engaged – new relationships. How romantic! Congratulations Fiona and Stef – you are both
lovely people and I am not surprised at your news. Please accept my heartfelt plauditsI wonder that you have the time to do such a wonderful blog and read so many books.
PS – hope the ring is nice, Fiona!.
LikeLiked by 1 person
You tell me, Francis! I did include a picture of it 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
I’ve seen the photo of the ring. It’s beautiful :)!
Lovely Fiona – I never notice things and have to have them pointed out to me.
(I meant the ring but of course you are lovely too!)
Well thank you on both counts, Francis.