Last month I predicted that the weather would turn sunny just as we were allowed to meet indoors again. I was wrong. Not only was it not sunny, it rained. And hailstoned. And rained some more.
What I have read
This has been a bit of a slow month, reading wise. I can’t even think of a good excuse! I’m still 15 books ahead of my target, though, so I can afford a few slow months.
- The Da Vinci Code (Robert Langdon #2) – Dan Brown
- Around the World in 80 Puzzles – Aleksandra Artymowska
- Enid Blyton the Untold Story – Brian Carter (review coming soon)
- What Abigail Did That Summer (Rivers of London #5.3) – Ben Aaronovitch
- Five on a Secret Trail – Reviewed here, here and here.
- Dilly’s Sacrifice (Dilly’s Story #1) – Rosie Goodwin
- Why I’m No Longer Talking to White People About Race – Reni Eddo-Lodge
- The Island of Adventure (TV tie in novel) – Hugh Morgan (review coming soon)
And I’m currently reading:
- Dark Light (Elizabeth Cage #2) – Jodi Taylor
- Soulless (The Parasol Protectorate #1) – Gail Carriger
- Confessions of a Curious Bookseller – Elizabeth Green
What I have watched
- Hollyoaks, as usual.
- Richard Osmond’s House of Games and the new series of Taskmaster.
- A whole lot of the Vampire Diaries, I’m on the last season now and trying to decide what I’ll watch next.
- Bring It On: All Or Nothing – I resumed my re-watch of the Bring It On series with my sister now that we’re allowed in each others’ houses again. This is the third film, with Solange Knowles and Hayden Panettierre.
- Olympus Has Fallen and the sequel London Has Fallen
What I have done
- Despite the rain we’ve managed to visit a few different beaches, new parks and ??
- We’ve started geocaching – looking for little containers hidden in parks, woods, on paths and streets using a GPS app.
- Been out for lunch for the first time this year, and out for cake too!
- Visited the local zoo for the first time this year
- Visited the Beatrix Potter garden in Birnam, and a 500 year old hollow tree that reminded me of the tree in Hollow Tree House.
- Completed another jigsaw (apart from the two missing pieces!)
- Enjoyed the sunshine that finally arrived at the end of the month and have had some al fresco meals – much more comfortably and warmly than the ones we had around Christmas and New Year!
- And perhaps most importantly I’ve had my first Covid vaccination!
What has your month looked like?