It’s now officially the Christmas season, so that mean it’s time to look back at November.
What I have read
I started out well in November, reading several books in two days each, but then, again, I picked up something that slowed me down. I have read 109 books this year, though, over my target of 100 so anything else I finish now is just a bonus.
- Tinker, Tailor, Schoolmum, Spy – Faye Brann
- Saving Time (The Time Police #3) – Jodi Taylor
- The Butchering Art: Joseph Lister’s Quest to Transform the Grisly World of Victorian Medicine – Lindsey Fitzharris
- These Our Actors (Buffy novelisation) – Ashley McConnell
- The Telephone Box Library (Little Maudley #1) – Rachael Lucas
- Death of an Avid Reader (Kate Shackleton #6) – Frances Brody
- A Fool and His Honey (Aurora Teagarden #6) – Charlaine Harris
- The Thursday Murder Club (Thursday Murder Club #1) – Richard Osman
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine’s Children #1) – Ransom Riggs
- Bridge to Terabithia – Katherine Paterson
- The Boxcar Children (Boxcar Children #1) – Gertrude Chandler Warner
And I’m currently reading:
- Word Perfect: Etymological Entertainment For Every Day of the Year –
- Hidden Figures: The Untold Story of the African American Women Who Helped Win the Space Race – Margot Lee Shetterly
- The Switch – Beth O’Leary
It has been The Thursday Murder Club that has slowed me down. Everyone has raved about how good it is, but I felt like I trudged through the first half. It did suddenly get a lot more interesting just as part two started, though, and I made short work of the second half.
What I have watched
- Only Connect, Taskmaster and House of Games
- Our Tuesday nights had more Baby-Sitters Club and we have finished the 8 episodes that made up series two. It wasn’t as good as series one, but still fun.
- I’ve watched a few movies – Calamity Jane, The King and I, and to get in the Christmas mood – A Christmas Prince 1 & 2 (number 3 is up next!). Ewan and I also watched Jungle Cruise together.
- We’ve started the new Marvel series of Hawkeye
- Stef and I have watched Malory Towers series two together – I’ve reviewed episodes one and two already.
- I’ve also started watching Charmed again, and got through the whole first series. I’m not sure how many times I’ve watched through all the episodes but it has been a few years since the last time.
What I have done
- Went up the hill to watch everyone’s fireworks as there was no organised display
- Visited Transport museum (having taken out a years’ membership!)
- Made regular library visits outside of working there
- A few walks in the wood, even doing some geocaching along the way
- Had lots of hot chocolate and cakes in cafes
- A few walks on the beach and collected more sea pottery (rather a lot actually, I need to actually start using it to make something now!)
- Put up the Christmas tree and some decorations
- Visited our local museum to see a new exhibit of shops from the past
- Cleared out my big living room cupboard so I can now easily get into my journals and magazines
What has your month looked like?