Well, I may or may not have done my last Monday post but this will definitely be my last monthly round up for a while!
WHAT I’VE READ
Despite being on maternity leave the whole month I haven’t found as much time for reading as I had hoped!
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince – Audiobook narrated by Stephen Fry
- Blotto, Twinks and the Dead Dowager Duchess (Blotto and Twinks #2) – Simon Brett
- Why is This Night Different From all Other Nights? (All the Wrong Questions #4) – Lemony Snickett
- The Zoo Book (reviewed in several parts)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Audiobook narrated by Stephen Fry
- High Hopes: My Autobiography – Ronnie Corbett
For the baby:
- Each Peach Pear Plum – Janet and Allan Ahlberg
- Five Minutes’ Peace – Jill Murphy
- Sally and the Limpet – Simon James
- Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes – Mem Fox
- No Bed Without Ted – Nicola Smee
And still on the go (most of the ones from last month I haven’t picked up again lately):
- Matilda – Roald Dahl audiobook narrated by Kate Winslet
- The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar – Roald Dahl audiobook
- Dead Before Dark (Sookie Stackhouse #1) – Charlaine Harris audiobook
So I got through some of my library books at least! I was hoping the Harry Potter audiobooks would keep me going up until the birth but I finished them too soon and thought it was too soon for a third re-listen so I’ve moved onto something new. I got through over 114 hours of audiobooks this month!
WHAT I’VE WATCHED
- The Highland Midwife which sadly only had three parts.
- Hollyoaks, as always
- Murder She Wrote. Season three of twelve now!
- The Designated Survivor on Netflix
- The Castle of Adventure – I’ve been reviewing more episodes for the blog
WHAT I’VE DONE
- Had a baby shower and got lots of lovely books (and lots of predictions of when baby will arrive, some people have already been proved wrong.)
- Went to St Andrews with Stef and hobbled about very carefully.
- Had a pamper afternoon with Stef with face masks, hair masks and strange foot masks.
- Worn hiking boots all month to support my sprained ankle.
- Taken lots of naps.
- Done my best to finish the reviews of The Zoo Book and The Castle of Adventure before I disappear.
- Gone out to lunch with my mum several times (what else is there to do on Maternity leave?).
- Supervised/helped Ewan put together all the nursery furniture and put up the pictures we had. The whole room is organised and ready now!
WHAT STEF HAS READ
- The Mystery of Wickworth Manor – Elen Caldecot, reviewed here
- Gena/Finn – Hannah Moskowitz
- The Mystery of the Pantomime Cat – reviewed here
- The Buttercup Farm Family – reviewed here
- Too Many Cooks – Marina Pascoe
- The Ravenmaster’s Boy – Mary Hoffman
- Peggy and Me – Miranda Hart
WHAT STEF HAS WATCHED
I haven’t really watched anything much this month. Everything just seems to have gotten away from me. I have listed what I gave watched below:
- Top Gear: India Special – Top Gear is one of my guilty pleasures, and I haven’t got Amazon Prime to catch up on Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond’s latest show, The Grand Tour, so I settle for reruns.
- The Antiques Roadshow – Caught a couple of episodes while I was there off a week or so ago, and they are delightfully quaint and humorous.>
- Red Dwarf – Still watching the old series of this show with my other half.
WHAT STEF HAS DONE
So I have been quite a busy bee this month, one way and another.
- A visit to Fiona, in which I played nursemaid for she had sprained her ankle the week before.
- Had a pamper day with Fiona, with products from Lush to make sure that there was nothing to cause any issues with baby.
- BBQ – even though we haven’t quite had the weather I have had two bbqs this month, one in Nottingham with some old friends and my goddaughter, and then with my work, in which I was able to just chill with my colleagues.
So not done that much either, so sorry for being boring. I will try and be better next month!