Whoops, as you probably gathered we have missed the last couple of round ups. Fiona has done her blog and now it’s my turn.
WHAT I HAVE READ IN THE PAST FEW MONTHS
- Looking for Captain Poldark – Rowan Coleman
- Miranda and Me – Peggy Hart
- The Mystery of the Spiteful Letters (reviewed here)
- Five Go Gluten Free – Bruno Vincent (reviewed here)
- Highland Fling – Katie Fforde
- The Undercover Cook – Katie Fforde
- Five on Brexit Island – Bruno Vincent (reviewed here)
- Going Dutch – Katie Fforde
- A Yorkshire Christmas – Kate Hewitt
- Staying Away at Christmas – Katie Fforde
- Candlelight at Christmas – Katie Fforde
- Enid Blyton’s Christmas Stories (audiobook, reviewed here)
Current reads –
- Dr No (James Bond #6) – Ian Flemming
- The Mystery of the Missing Necklace
- The Weight of Evidence – (David Mallin #11) – Roger Ormerod
- Doctor Who: The Legends of River Song – Jenny T. Colgan
WHAT I HAVE WATCHED IN THE PAST FEW MONTHS
Now don’t ask me what I watched when, because I don’t think I could remember! However here we go:
- Death in Paradise – I love this TV show and have watched it avidly since series two! I can’t recommend it highly enough!
- QI XL – with Sandi Toksvig. I love the new, fresh approach she brings to the show and even though you can feel the loss of Stephen Fry, Toksvig is a delight.
- British History’s Biggest Fibs with Lucy Worsley – I adore this woman’s presenting style and her look into all the insights she gives to history and this series is just that as she looked at the myths around some of our most well known moments in British history.
- Luisa Omielan’s What Would Beyonce Do?! – A female comdienne on the uppers, Luisa Omielan, is a fresh face and completely unapologetic look at love, life and relationships.
- Call the Midwife – I have been watching this for a few years now, since Fiona told me how good it was and each January brings the new series around. We’re almost at the end of the more resent series and having to wait a year is so daunting!
- Who Do You Think You Are? – I have been watching this for a while now, since I got interested in geneology. Its quite a fascinating program, and gives me a wider idea of world history.
WHAT I HAVE DONE IN THE PAST FEW MONTHS
- I started training in January for a 5 km run to take place in the first weekend of April. I needed a new focus goal after losing my weight loss mojo, so I decided to push myself and start running. I’m getting good times and hopefully will be fitter when I’m done!
- Last weekend my boyfriend and I had a day out down at Southsea in Portsmouth. It was a nice day even though it was blustery with the wind and we eventually got rained on, but it was nice to be somewhere new. We went around the aquariaum, walked the length of the beach to the pier and spent too much money on the 2p machines, though we didn’t come away empty handed which was fortunate!
- We also went to see a performing duo called the AllStars down at the local social club, which was a very entertaining evening. The duo dressed up as different stars and sung songs by loads of people and had a such a lovely range of voices it was most enjoyable.
- Then for my other half’s birthday we went to RHS Garden Wisley and enjoyed the spring sun, the beautifully laid out gardens and ventured into the tropical realms of the butterfly exhibit they had there. There were some tremendously beautiful butterflies but it was very crowded which was a shame. However a lovely day was had by both of us!
I think that’s all from me really! However, hopefully as my birthday’s coming up in a week, I might be able to have plenty more things to tell you next month! Enjoy!