January has just flown by (for me anyway!) so here’s what we got up to:
WHAT I HAVE READ
I’ve made a start on my goal of reading 52 books this year – but I must try harder to pick up a book instead of my phone when I’ve got time to myself.
- The Return of Beau Peep (Beau Peep #20) – Roger Kettle and Andrew Christine
- The Enchanted Wood – which I have reviewed in three parts for you!
- Curse of the Lion’s Heart (Alexandra Fry, Private Eye #1) – Angella Graff
I read to Brodie:
- An Evening at Alfie’s – Shirely Hughes
- Alfie Gives a Hand – Shirley Hughes
I’m still reading:
- A Wind in the Door (A Wrinkle in Time #2) – Madeleine L’Engle (audiobook)
- The Faith Trials – Buffy TV Tie-in
- Bundle of Trouble (Maternal Instincts Mystery #1) – Diana Orgain
WHAT FIONA HAS WATCHED
- Hollyoaks (it gets sillier every week but I’m still watching)
- More ER – we are on season 12 of 15 so we’ll run out soon!
- Only Connect
- Friends and Buffy are often on in the background as they are rerun on TV.
- I made it to the cinema to see the latest Star Wars too!
WHAT FIONA HAS DONE
- Started a circuit class (!!) which I can take Brodie to. He plays, I do the circuits.
- Started Weight Watchers to help get me back into shape.
- Gone to Rhyme Time and Busy Babies most weeks.
- Watched Brodie learn to roll over, babble and start to really examine and interact with toys and anything he can get his little hands on.
- Completed my Famous Five jigsaw, but there was a piece missing!
- Shopped for more 6-9 month clothing for Brodie as he is almost six months (how??).
WHAT STEF HAS READ
I haven’t been in the frame of mind to read much recently, so I’m struggling here. As you know I’ve still not finished reviewing the Katherine Woodfine book “The Mystery of the Clockwork Sparrow” so that is still on my reading list, along with Sarah Millican’s “How to be Champion” and Sara Sheridan’s “Russian roulette”.
I ought to do my Goodreads challenge and try and challenge myself to get back into reading. Has anyone else apart from Fiona done it? What is your target to read this year?
WHAT STEF HAS WATCHED
I’ve mostly been watching Movies again but a little bit of TV has gotten in there as well:
- Marvel’s Spiderman Homecoming
- Disney’s Mulan
- Top Gear Specials
- Taskmaster repeats
- Marvel’s Antman
- Marvel’s Iron Man 3
WHAT STEF HAS DONE
I’ve tried to keep busy this month:
- I did a Race at Your Pace — where you run a set distance over the month in increments if needed. I ran 25 miles throughout Janurary
- Started learning to play the fantasy roleplay game Dungeons and Dragons
- And tried to get used to my new working hours