It’s the penultimate round up of the year already!
What I have read
I reached my target of 100 books this month! It was helped along by me working through quite a few short books, classic children’s ones that I missed out on. But I read several ‘real’ books, too!
- One of Our Thursdays is Missing (Thursday Next #6) – Jasper Fforde
- Undead and Unwed (Undead #1) – MaryJanice Davidson
- Where the Sidewalk Ends – Shel Silverstein
- Where the Wild Things Are – Maurice Sendak
- Dead Girls Don’t Dance (Undead 1.5) – MaryJanice Davidson
- Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good Very Bad Day – Judith Viorst
- The Snowy Day – Jack Ezra Keats
- The Four Streets (Four Streets #1) by Nadine Dorries
- The Woman Who Died a Lot (Thursday Next #7) – Jasper Fforde
- Jurassic Park (Jurassic Park #1) – Michael Crichton
- The Harveys See it Through – Phyllis Gegan (reviewed here)
- Undead and Unemployed (Undead #2) – MaryJanice Davidson
- The Lost World (Jurassic Park #2) – Michael Crichton
- Yertle the Turtle and Other Stories – Dr Seuss
- A Light in the Attic – Shel Silverstein
- Bite (Five short stories) – Laurell K Hamilton and other authors
And I’m still working on:
- The Naughtiest Girl in the School – I’m doing a text comparison on this one
- Hocus Pocus and the All New Sequel – A.W. Jantha
- Jane Eyre – Charlotte Bronte
- Five Fall Into Adventure – Reviewed here
Off this list I do not recommend The Four Streets as it was dire, and unless you’re a fan of at least a few of the authors in Bite (I was only reading for the MaryJanice Davidson story from the Undead series) I wouldn’t go for that either. I’d already read the Charlaine Harris entry and the others were pretty awful.
What I have watched
- Only Connect
- More of Taskmaster
- Tiny House Nation on Netflix where people build very small homes, usually on trailers.
- Murder She Wrote, season six
- The start of the new adaptation of His Dark Materials
- George Clarke’s Old House New Home and some of Grand Designs House of the Year
- Some of Tutankhamun with Dan Snow which explored possible reasons for the pharaoh dying so young, his less than stellar burial rooms and other mysteries.
What I have done
- Hosted International Games Week at my work and did a few games events
- Visited the wildlife park
- Hosted International Games Week at work
- More trips to increasingly damp playparks
- Did a few rather muddy walks in the woods
- Educated Brodie on Christmas songs by putting the music channels on
- Did some Christmas shopping (but not enough!)
- Went to our annual Christmas event and Brodie was not impressed by Santa
What I have bought
I’ve been back on eBay again – much to my bank balance’s horror! I’ve bought ten more of Enid Blyton’s Magazine, as I’m trying to fill the gaps in volume 2 so that I don’t have to skip any letters pages. I also bought two Mary Mouse strip books from the same seller as I couldn’t resist.
Please excuse the terrible photos, I only have time to take blog photos after dark these days!