So that’s January and February done – oh for spring! There have been too many storms, too much rain, wind and freezing temperatures for most of us I think. I can’t wait for milder weather.
What I have read
Eleven books this month, making 22 for the year so far. That’s 6 ahead of schedule if I want to read 100.
- Rats – Pat Hutchins
- Follow that Bus – Pat Hutchins
- Old Leuchars with Guardbridge and Balmullo – Edward Robinson
- Lady Killers: Deadly Women Throughout History – Tori Telfer
- Katie Morag and the Riddles – Mairi Hedderwick
- The Naughtiest Girl in the School – I’ve done a text comparison on this one
- Sapphire Battersea (Hetty Feather #2) – Jacqueline Wilson
- Misjustice: How British law is Failing Women – Helena Kennedy
- The Naughtiest Girl Keeps a Secret – Anne Digby, reviewed here.
- Just One Damned Thing After Another (The Chronicles of St Mary’s #1) – Jodi Taylor
- Emily’s Own Elephant – Philippa Pearce
As always I’ve got some on the go that I haven’t finished
- Jane Eyre – Charlotte Bronte
- Child Whispers – Enid Blyton
- Kidnap in the Caribbean (Laura Marlin Mysteries #2) – Lauren St John
- A Symphony of Echoes (Chronicles of St Mary’s #2) – Jodi Taylor
The Pat Hutchins books and the Philippa Pearce one are books we had on tape as children and my sister bought them so we could relive them. It was funny to read them on paper for the first time and I definitely heard various parts in my head as I read.
I’m also on a bit of a feminist reading kick after reading Invisible Women last month, but I’m not sure what to read next in that vein. Maybe The Politics of Breastfeeding.
My re-reads this month are the Jodi Taylor books. I’ve read them twice and am now listening to the audiobooks which are very well narrated by Zara Ramm.
What I have watched
- Only Connect
- Buffy season 1 and some of 2 (I have lost count how many times I’ve seen these episodes)
- The latest series of Call the Midwife, which is now finished.
- Outlander season five is now airing on Netflix and I’ve started that.
- The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina season 2
What I have done
- Done some walking and exploring with Brodie
- Been very cold while he has played at the park
- Added another 17 games to my board game library
- Visited the Wildlife Park again
- Picked up a form for Brodie to start nursery in August (!)
- Been to the library
- Eaten a lot of macaroons (for blogging purposes, honestly.)
What has your month looked like?