I’m not even sure how to introduce this one, this has been quite the month. I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many ‘breaking news’ headlines in so short a time.
What I have read
Thirteen books (so far) isn’t bad – I’d love to say that being in lockdown has vastly increased my reading time, but it really hasn’t.
- Castle of Books – Alessandro Sanna
- This Book Can Read Your Mind – Susannah Lloyd
- A Symphony of Echoes (The Chronicles of St Mary’s #2 ) – Jodi Taylor
- When A Child is Born (The Chronicles of St Mary’s #2.5 ) – Jodi Taylor
- Kidnap in the Caribbean (Laura Marlin Mysteries #2) – Lauren St John
- A Second Chance (The Chronicles of St Mary’s #3 ) – Jodi Taylor
- Roman Holiday (The Chronicles of St Mary’s #3.5 ) – Jodi Taylor
- Jaws – Peter Benchley
- The Naughtiest Girl Helps a Friend – Anne Digby, reviewed here
- A Trail Through Time (The Chronicles of St Mary’s #4 ) – Jodi Taylor
- Christmas Present (The Chronicles of St Mary’s #4.5 ) – Jodi Taylor
- No Time Like the Past (The Chronicles of St Mary’s #5 ) – Jodi Taylor
- Immortal Unchained (Argeneau Vampires #25) – Lynsay Sands
As always I’ve got some on the go that I haven’t finished
- Jane Eyre – Charlotte Bronte
- Child Whispers – Enid Blyton
- Feminism: Ideas in Profile – Deborah Cameron
- What Could Possibly Go Wrong (The Chronicles of St Mary’s #6) – Jodi Taylor
I didn’t realise how many of the Jodi Taylor books I had listened to until I had to type them out. The new one comes out in two weeks, though, so I’ve got a lot more to get through. Meanwhile I’m not sure why I continue to read the Argeneau books – the series should have ended several books ago!
What I have watched
- Only Connect
- Outlander season five
- Born to Be Different – I’ve watched this from early on and the children are now in their late teens. I didn’t even know it was back – thankfully my Tivo box recorded it for me.
- Aladdin (the live action version) and Toy Story 4 as we’ve just signed up to Disney+
What I have done
- My work closed early in the month so I’ve been at home, mostly.
- Seeing as I’m ‘working from home’ I’ve started creating a book display every day from things in the house
- We’ve gone out for a walk most days, just for our own sanity
- We did have cake out and go to the transport museum before everything closed
What have I bought this month?
I normally only include this if I’ve bought something Blyton-related like a book, but this month I got some storage boxes for my Enid Blytons Magazines. Please excuse the toy-filled living room! The boxes are for A4 paper so fit the journals with a little room around the edges for lifting them out. Two boxes is enough to hold one volume of up to 26 issues.
What has your month looked like?