“April showers bring May flowers,” is a well-known saying, but what do April and May showers bring, I wonder? I’m looking forward to May 17 when we can finally meet other people indoors again, but it’ll probably be gloriously sunny by then just to spite us!
What I have read
- Highland Fling (Mirabelle Bevan Mystery #8) – Sara Sheridan
- Five Go Parenting – Bruno Vincent (reviewed here)
- The Organised Time Technique – Gemma Bray
- Long Way Home (Unseen Trilogy #3) – Jeffrey J Mariotte
- Fool Moon (Dresden Files #2) – Jim Butcher
- Return to Kirrin – Neil and Suzy Howlett (reviewed here)
- Revolting Rhymes – Roald Dahl
- Well Done, The Naughtiest Girl – Anne Digby (reviewed here)
- Another Time, Another Place (Chronicles of St Mary’s #12) – Jodi Taylor
- Every Tool’s a Hammer – Adam Savage
- White Silence (Elizabeth Cage #1) – Jodi Taylor
- Angel’s and Demons (Robert Langdon #1) – Dan Brown
- Of Mice and Men – John Steinbeck
- Medical Care in Dundee: A History in Old Photographs – Dr Graham Lowe
- Scottish Hospitals – Dr Graham Lowe
And I’m currently reading:
- Enid Blyton the Untold Story – Brian Carter
- Dilly’s Sacrifice (Dilly’s Story #1) – Rosie Goodwin
- Thinking About it Only Makes it Worse – David Mitchell
- The Da Vinci Code (Robert Langdon #2) – Dan Brown
What I have watched
- Hollyoaks, as usual.
- Richard Osmond’s House of Games and the new series of Taskmaster.
- The last few episodes of The Falcon and The Winter Soldier, several series of my re-watch of The Vampire Diaries plus a couple of episodes of The Crown.
What I have done
- Finally finished the Winnie-The-Pooh jigsaw I was working on last month.
- Did an Easter-egg hunt in the garden and had a picnic
- Went to the Botanic Gardens and did their Easter rock hunt
- Plenty of walks and visits to play parks, Brodie got a balance bike for his Easter so we’ve been encouraging him to wear his helmet and ride it.
- Went to the beach a few times, though it was pretty cold on at least one occasion
- Made a “quarry” in the garden for Brodie (it needs more stones!) and planted some vegetables in a clear tub so we can see them grow.
- We’ve even managed some picnics including a birthday one for my niece
- Visited a country park which had crazy golf, a tractor ride, pedal carts, sledge run, fairy trail and other fun things to do
- Returned to work after another four months off