There was not an awful lot of blogging done last week – as I mentioned in the last Monday post I ended up being ill again – what a summer!
What I have read
Another not very good month – I didn’t read anything for about a week while I was ill. What I did read has been bolstered by Brodie discovering Roald Dahl and demanding I read his books to him while he’s in the shower, putting his pyjamas on, brushing his teeth and finally in bed.
What I did read is:
- Wedding Bells for Land Girls (Land Girls #2) – Jenny Holmes
- The Masked City (Invisible Library #2) – Genevieve Cogman
- Just One Damned Thing After Another (St Mary’s#1) – Jodi Taylor
- The Last Chance Hotel (Seth Seppi Mystery #1) – Nicki Thornton
- The Twits – Roald Dahl
- The Giraffe, The Pelly and Me – Roald Dahl
- The Magic Finger – Roald Dahl
And I’m still working on:
- A Room of One’s Own – Virginia Woolf
- George’s Marvellous Medicine – Roald Dahl
- Are We Having Fun Yet? – Lucy Mangan
- The Magic Faraway Tree: A New Adventure – Jacqueline Wilson
- Scotland’s Lost Branch Lines: Where Beeching Got it Wrong – David Spaven
Anyone who’s read more than a few of these round ups will recognise Jodi Taylor’s name and probably be thinking She’s reading those books AGAIN? This is my fourth time reading the first in the series as it was all I could face when I wasn’t well – listening to the audiobook.
What I have watched
- We’ve continued House of Games, Mythbusters and the new season of Only Murders in the Building, and started Ms Marvel.
- I finished Desperate Housewives – I binged quite a bit while I wasn’t well, and The Great Big Tiny Design Challenge
- I continued Murder She Wrote series 10 & started 11, but it’s on DVD and I can only watch it in the living room, and when I can be bothered swapping discs so I have also watched various other things including Cabins in the Wild with Dick Strawbridge, the new series of Dream House Makeover and The Parent Trap (both the original and the remake).
- Our weekend films were Renaissance Man, The Princess, and Dr Strange in the Multiverse of Madness – I thought this was better than the first Dr Strange film.
- On Tuesday nights we watched Honey I Shrunk the Kids and Honey I Blew Up the Kid
- Brodie and I watched Ghostbusters 2 to console him after I encouraged him to bin a broken toy and he was sick from all the crying… He had watched the first one while I wasn’t well and now it’s his favourite thing ever.
- We took Brodie to the cinema for the first time to see Minions: The Rise of Gru. Probably the weakest instalment in the series, but it still had its funny moments and Brodie was enthralled.
- And lastly my sister and I went through to Edinburgh to see Footloose the Musical (we were supposed to see Bring it On earlier in the year but it was cancelled.)
What I have done
- Managed away for a brief holiday to Tomintoul and took a ride on a steam train before I felt too ill to do anything else.
- Went school uniform shopping for the first time, though I still have more to get.
- Did several walks, and have been to the beach a few times – collecting pottery and glass every time of course.
- Spent the height of the hot weather in the garden as I was just coming out of being unwell. Sadly the paddling pool had managed to develop multiple holes at some time over the winter so we had to resort to putting our feet in a big plastic box filled with water to cool off. That and eating ice poles.
- Went to Cupar for their model railway exhibition, we all enjoyed looking at the set-ups and spotting the little details.
What I’ve bought
I filled another gap in my magazine collection with Volume 3 issue 26. I now have all of volume 3, (and all of volume 1) and only 12 more to collect from across the rest of the volumes. (If anyone’s has any spares or any to sell I am missing 2.14, 2.15, 4.22, 4.23, 4.24, 5.17, 5.19, 6.6, 6.13, 6.14 and 7.12.)
How was your July?