What I have read
I didn’t manage to read an awful lot in November as I was ill for over a week and didn’t read anything at all other than listening to one audiobook. But as I hit my goal of 100 books back in September, anything I do read is just a bonus! I managed to cram in a few books at the end of the month – ones I’d been waiting on coming into the library for ages.
What I have read:
- A Symphony of Echoes (Chronicles of St Mary’s #2) – Jodi Taylor
- The Dead Girls’ Dance (Morganville Vampires #2) – Rachel Caine
- The Witches – Roald Dahl
- The Bullet that Missed (Thursday Murder Club #3) – Richard Osman
- The Christmas Bookshop – Jenny Colgan
- Nice Girls Don’t Live Forever (Jane Jameson #3) – Molly Harper
- James and the Giant Peach – Roald Dahl
- About Time (Time Police #4) – Jodi Taylor
And I’m still working on:
- The Lighthouse Witches – C.J. Cooke
- Little Women – Louisa May Alcott
- Monarchy – David Starkey
- Five Have a Mystery to Solve
What I have watched
- I got through a lot of movies last month, even if a lot of them I watched over two nights. I revisited the Chronicles of Narnia and watched all three films, and the firs two Pirates of the Caribbean films (which become rather silly and convoluted from the third one I think). I also watched The Craft after watching the sequel in October, and the 70s version of The Railway Children (which recently I discovered I had on DVD after lamenting it wasn’t streaming anywhere while I was reviewing the Jacqueline Wilson book).
- I even managed to squeeze in three Christmas movies – Falling for Christmas (Lindsay Lohan’s return to acting), A Castle for Christmas and Noelle.
- With Brodie I watched Matilda and The Witches seeing as we have read the books. He was engrossed in them both and declared them better than the books.
- TV wise I watched the new series of The Crown, most of season one of The Originals (the Vampire Diaries spin off, which I’m sure I watched some of before but I don’t remember finishing the first season).
- Plus the usual suspects of House of Games, Only Connect, Taskmaster and George Clarke’s Amazing Spaces.
What I have done
- Visited St Andrews for lunch and a bit of shopping (including at the Christmas Shop) – but Brodie was having a not smiling for the camera day.
- Visited an independent Garden Centre which always has a huge Christmas area, this year it had a cable-car scene set up.
- We put up our Christmas tree the last weekend of the month – with my Noddy decorations of course.
- I did a decent amount of Christmas shopping but I know I still need to do more!