WHAT FIONA HAS READ
I’m on 11 so far for the year – 2 ahead of schedule for my reading challenge!
- Be Careful What You Wish For (Goosebumps #12) – R.L. Stine
- The Velveteen Rabbit – Margery Williams Bianco
- A Wind in the Door (Time Series #2) – Madeleine L’Engle
- Mischief at Midnight (Knight’s Haddon #2) – Esme Kerr (Reviewed here and here)
And I’m currently reading:
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time – Mark Haddon (audiobook)
I read to Brodie:
- What the Ladybird Heard – Julia Donaldson
WHAT FIONA HAS WATCHED
- Hollyoaks (still getting sillier!)
- More ER – have finished season 12 now
- Only Connect
- Friends and Buffy are often on in the background as they are rerun on TV.
- Call the Midwife
WHAT FIONA HAS DONE
- The usual routine of Busy Babies and Rhyme Time has been disrupted but we are doing a four week course of baby massage instead – sounds very relaxing but it’s not really, not when your baby is rolling away from you at every opportunity!
- Watching Brodie learn to crawl and explore everywhere
- Started weaning Brodie – so far his favourites are sweetcorn, oranges, avocado, porridge and beetroot but he has loved pretty much everything we’ve tried him with (and made varying levels of mess with them too!)
- Continued with my circuits class but I’m yet to manage a push up…
- Redesigned our Monday posts to make them easier to do, so now they include titbits like quotes from books, great locations and characters.
WHAT STEF HAS READ
I haven’t been doing much reading as you know, but I have still been on the look out for books. One thing I have been doing this month is collecting some books from the library on mindfulness which according to my councillor would be a good way to help move myself forward. I look forward to feeling like I am able to take time out and read some of these books.
WHAT STEF HAS WATCHED
I went to see the Marvel Black Panther at the cinema, which I loved. I’ve also been watching Downtown Abbey with my boyfriend and his parents as well as Marvel’s Agent Carter. We have also watched the movie Miss Sloane, which was good even though I was half asleep for it and Thor Ragnarock.
WHAT STEF HAS DONE
I haven’t done much apart from work and sleep I’m afraid — depression does that to you, along with the stress of work. Some of you may know that my library (which is located within a school,) has been served a termination notice by the school. So I am currently under a lot of stress to make the library closure work smoothly while being caught in a limbo of not just being able to shut up shop and go somewhere else. Either way, I have managed a few walks with the boyfriend, and some exercise but not much else.