What I have read
I have set a new target of 100 books for 2019. I haven’t started out very well, though. I got quite a few books for my Christmas but I haven’t started any of them yet. I’m doing that thing where I suddenly worry I won’t like them after all and so put off reading them. So I’ve read 5 when I should have read 8, putting me 3 books behind schedule!
What I have managed to read is:
- The Drums of Autumn (Outlander #4) – Diana Gabaldon
- The Undomestic Goddess – Sophie Kinsella
- No Waste Like Home – Penney Poyzer
- The Steam-Pump Jump (The Chronicles of St Mary’s #9.6) – Jodi Taylor
- The Illustrated Mum – Jacqueline Wilson
And I’ve still to finish:
- The Diary of a Bookseller – Shaun Bythell
- The Fiery Cross (Outlander #5) – Diana Gabaldon
- Hetty Feather (Hetty Feather #1) – Jacqueline Wilson
So you can see I have picked up another 1,400+ page Outlander (borrowed from the library) instead of tackling my to-read pile at home. I also borrowed Too Much Information by Dave Gorman as I love his Modern Life is Goodish but haven’t opened it yet. And I’ve been recommended the Thursday Next series by Jasper Fforde, but I’m refusing to even think about borrowing the first one until I’ve made headway on the pile by the sofa.
What I have watched
- More Cbeebies
- Only Connect
- Call the Midwife‘s latest series
- Back in Time for School
- Sinner on Netflix
- Tidying Up with Marie Kondo also on Netflix
What I have done
- Finalized the details of my new bathroom
- Started bullet journaling (we will see how that pans out…)
- Made our usual visits to the park, our local zoo and rhyme time at the library
- I’ve not mentioned this before but since November I’ve been following The Organised Mum Method for housework. Honestly, my house has never looked better.
- Inspired by Marie Kondo I’ve also done a bit of clearing out. I’ve tackled my jewellery so far. I find it so hard though as I hate sending thing to landfill. I will give what I can to charity, but I still struggle with ‘wasting’ anything.