It’s September now, and judging by the sudden plummet in temperatures, Summer is firmly over!
What I have read
- The Devil Wears Prada – Lauren Weisberger
- The Well of Lost Plots (Thursday Next #3) – Jasper Fforde
- When Did You Last See Your Father? (Chronicles of St Mary’s #10.5) – Jodi Taylor
- The World I Fell Out Of – Melanie Reid
- Revenge Wears Prada – Lauren Weisberger
And I’m still working on:
- The Foyles Bookshop Girls at War (The Foyles Girls #2) – Elaine Roberts.
- Bridget Jones’s Diary – Helen Fielding
- Something Rotten (Thursday Next #4) – Jasper Fforde
I’ve taken a few new books out of the library this past week so I’d better get reading! I’ve slacked off this month so I’m only two books ahead of schedule now.
What I have watched
- ER season 14 and some of 15
- Only Connect
- Series 6 and 7 of Call the Midwife which have recently come to Netflix.
- Yet another series of Taskmaster
- The Letdown, a Netflix original comedy about parenting. I cringed through the first episodes but it’s strangely relatable.
- The Secret Garden (the 90s version with Maggie Smith)
- Lots of episodes of the 90s Famous Five series on YouTube.
- Smuggler’s Gold, the Famous Five Musical which I then reviewed.
What I have done
- Stef came up to stay for the week, and after a bad start because we were all either ill or recovering from a stomach bug, we made two trips to St Andrews. We packed in the shops, (though we didn’t buy any books!!) the beach, the botanic gardens, cakes, and lots of walking.
- We visited our local wildlife park and Brodie did his monkey noises when he spotted the gibbons and fed the goats some grass.
- Went to a bookbug session in the big library as my local one was still closed for refurbishment.
- Went for a walk/play in a country park and played at another centre with a huge maze/
- Played at a few parks and fed the ducks.
- Celebrated my 16 (!!) year anniversary with Ewan, (that is, quite literally, half my life!) by going for lunch and a walk along the Arbroath cliffs.