We are well into week 5 of lockdown (week 6 if you’re us and had a week of self isolation first…) so this will look a bit different to usual.
What I have read
- What Could Possibly Go Wrong (The Chronicles of St Mary’s #6) – Jodi Taylor
- Ships, Stings and Wedding Rings (The Chronicles of St Mary’s #6.5) – Jodi Taylor
- Dead and Loving it – MaryJanice Davidson
- Dead Over Heels – MaryJanice Davidson
- Undead and Unworthy (Undead #7) – MaryJanice Davidson
- Lies, Damned Lies and History (The Chronicles of St Mary’s #7) – Jodi Taylor
- The Great St Mary’s Day Out (The Chronicles of St Mary’s #7.5) – Jodi Taylor
- My Name is Markham (The Chronicles of St Mary’s #7.6) – Jodi Taylor
- Dessicated Water (The Chronicles of St Mary’s #7.7) – Jodi Taylor
- Undead and Unwelcome (Undead #8) – MaryJanice Davidson
- Five on a Hike Together – reviewed here and here
- And the Rest is History (The Chronicles of St Mary’s #8) – Jodi Taylor
- Markham and the Anal Probing* (The Chronicles of St Mary’s #8.1) – Jodi Taylor
- The Very First Damned Thing (The Chronicles of St Mary’s #0.5) – Jodi Taylor
- The Making of Outlander: The Official Guide to Seasons 3 & 4 – Tara Bennett
- A Perfect Storm (The Chronicles of St Mary’s #8.5) – Jodi Taylor
- Christmas Past (The Chronicles of St Mary’s #8.6) – Jodi Taylor
- An Argumentation of Historians (The Chronicles of St Mary’s #9) – Jodi Taylor
- The Battersea Barricades (The Chronicles of St Mary’s #9.5) – Jodi Taylor
- The Steam Pump Jump (The Chronicles of St Mary’s #9.6) – Jodi Taylor
- And Now for Something Completely Different (The Chronicles of St Mary’s #9.7) – Jodi Taylor
As always I’ve got some on the go that I haven’t finished
- Oz: Into the Wild – Christopher Golden
- Hope for the Best (The Chronicles of St Mary’s #10) – Jodi Taylor
I thought I hadn’t found much extra time for reading but it seems I was wrong. Lots are short stories but there are still ten full books there as well!
There are also a LOT of St Mary’s books! Mostly on Audible but some of the short stories on Kindle as I already had them and didn’t want to pay £6 for a two hour or under listen. The new one came out on April 16 and I’ve now only got to finish #10, and then two more short stories before I can read it!
*NB contains no actual probing.
The Oz book is one of the Buffy series. A few years ago I started reading my whole collection in order of when they’re set in relation to the TV series. I couldn’t get into this one and so I stalled. This is now the third time I’ve tried to read this one and thankfully I got past the opening chapters and may actually finish it.
What I have watched
- One Man, Two Guvnors starring Jemima Rooper who made an excellent girl acting as a boy, as always!
- The live-action Lion King
- Hollyoaks though it’s down to two episodes a week at the moment
- Buffy seasons 2, 3 and some of 4 as we’ve been sticking it on just about every night
- A few more episodes of Outlander season 5
What I have done
- A fair bit of gardening. We haven’t so much as cut the grass in our private bit of garden in the past 5 years as we never use it – it doesn’t get much sun and there’s a much larger communal area. But I thought Brodie would enjoy playing with mud so I dug out a bit of the flower bed and then decided to carry on. I have some wildflower seed bombs ready to go in when it’s all cleared and I will leave him a space for playing too.
- Other ways I have tried to amuse Brodie; an ‘assault course‘ of planks and bricks to balance on, made bubble bath foam (total disaster – he hated it), made gloop with cornflour and water (he loved this at least), dug out his play tent and tunnel, had an indoor picnic and a garden one too.
- Gone on a daily walk for at least an hour
- Started some workouts that have been put online (so far Boxfit, Pilates, BodyBalance and Tabata). Brodie joins in sometimes and other times used me as a tunnel to crawl under or a surface to drive cars on.
- I started last month but have continued with daily book displays using what I can find around the house.
- Started a cross stitch I got free from someone who was clearing out – it’s of Tigger so I can put it in Brodie’s room when it’s done.
- Weekly Zoom and Whatsapp quizzes with my family and Ewan’s, and some scavenger hunts too.
What has your month looked like?