Two months of 2021 are now done and dusted and the light at the end of the tunnel is slowly growing along with the length of the days.
What I have read
I haven’t read an awful lot this month though I have gotten through quite a few audiobooks. I put this down to me trying to get through The Book Thief for my new book group, not doing very well and not picking up anything else in case it distracted me from not reading The Book Thief.
I did read:
Mind Your Own Business, Kristy! (Babysitter’s Club #107) – Ann M. Martin
L is for Lawless (Kinsey Millhone #12) – Sue Grafton
Five Go to Mystery Moor – reviewed in three parts, here, here and here
Midnight Crossroad (Midnight, Texas #1) – Charlaine Harris
M is for Malice (Kinsey Millhone #13) – Sue Grafton
The Secret Garden – Frances Hodgson Burnett
Real Murders (Aurora Teagarden #1) – Charlaine Harris
No-One Ever Has Sex on a Tuesday (No-One Ever Has Sex #1) – Tracy Bloom
Five of those were audiobooks. The only ones that weren’t, are the Babysitter’s book, Midnight Crossroad and the Famous Five.
And I’m currently reading:
The Book Thief – Marcus Zusak
The Home Edit: Conquer the Clutter with Style – Clea Shearer and Joanna Teplin
What I have watched
- Hollyoaks, as usual.
- More Mythbusters and Only Connect, plus we returned to Richard Osmond’s House of Games and QI XL.
- Brodie’s films included Peter Pan, The Incredibles 2, Shrek, Shrek 2 and Shrek the Third, and Despicable Me 2.
- I also watched more Outlander, I’m now on the fifth season which is the most recent one, and Wandavision, which I think has only one more episode to go.
What I have done
- Another jigsaw, this time a bookshop one I borrowed from my mum, as well as helping Ewan with a very difficult one of a Jaws movie poster.
- A little bit of colouring in
- Many more wet and cold – and snowy – walks and trips to various parks, including taking Brodie sledging for the first time.
- More home-baking, Brodie and I have made pancakes for Pancake Day, heart-shaped biscuits for Valentine’s Day and lemonade scones and tiffin just for fun.
- Had a special afternoon tea – on the living room floor – for Valentine’s day
- Broke my laptop and had it repaired but lost a lot of files in the process
- Returned to the boot camp portion of The Organised Mum Method to get the house back under control now Brodie is back at nursery (which involved emptying every last book from the bookshelves so I could move them out and clean behind them)
What has your month looked like?
February included reading 3 books by Norman Dale: “Dangerous Treasure”, “The Best Adventure” and “Skeleton Island” (his master piece), a biography on actor Jeff Chandler by Marilyn Kirk and at last a non-fiction book on German POW’s in American prison camps during WW II and after which was well-written and fascinating. Finished it yesterday and now I continue with Stieg Larsson.
I finally sent my pension application to Germany (Corona is causing endless chaos between both continents regarding international mail) which kept me busy for all of January and the first February week.
Finally I ordered lots of books and DVD’s on the German amazon site which I do once a year. And now I’m very much looking forward to read all 5 Dan Brown novels in chronological order once the package from Germany will arrive in the US which might take 2 to 3 months.