I’ve still to do my year in books for 2021, so for now (and slightly late as I entirely forgot about it*) I will look at what I got up to in December.
*It would have been slightly late when I wrote that, it then became really quite late after I caught one of those 48 hour bugs before I could finish the post.
What I have read
I didn’t read a lot in December as there was a lot of other things going on. I had already reached my target of 100 books in October, so in total I read 121 books which is not bad at all.
- Twas the Nightshift Before Christmas – Adam Kay
- The Switch – Beth O’Leary
- Love and Lies at the Village Christmas Shop – Portia MacIntosh
- The Book Lovers’ Miscellany – Claire Cock-Starkey
- The Land Girls at Christmas (Land Girls #1) – Jenny Holmes
- The Toast of Time (The Chronicles of St Mary’s #12.5) – Jodi Taylor
- Crash Test Girl – Kari Byron
- Hollow City (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children #2) – Ransom Riggs
As you can see I managed to squeeze in a few Christmas-themed books.
I didn’t quite finish:
- Last Scene Alive (Aurora Teagarden #7) – Charlaine Harris
After someone else told me a year or two back, they didn’t like to end the year with any unfinished books I have tried to finish all my books by December 31st. I had two others unfinished this year as well, but I’ve been reading them on and off for a while.
What I have watched
- Only Connect, Taskmaster and House of Games, the first two of which had some Christmas special episodes.
- On Tuesday nights we watched some Christmas films – Godmothered, The Family Stone and The Holiday.
- By myself I watched the third Christmas Prince film – A Royal Baby, which was just as silly as the others, but good festive fun.
- We’ve finished Hawkeye, and I’m now on series five of Charmed
- Episodes three and four of Malory Towers series two, which I have of course reviewed.
- The Last Duel, which turned out to be rather different than I expected. I didn’t really pay a lot of attention to the first 1/3 but then got interested in the last 2/3.
What I have done
- Finished my Christmas shopping, and got it all wrapped – even slightly before the last minute.
- We met Santa at the Transport Museum
- I finally started and then finished a jigsaw of a bookshop (it was harder than it looks!)
- Collected more sea glass and pottery from a few different beaches
- Drank a lot of hot chocolate in cafes and even on the beach
- Had daily visits from the Elf on the Shelf
- I had a quiet birthday, as we just took a walk on the beach and had a chilly picnic, then had tea at my parents’ at the weekend.
- We also had fairly quiet Christmas and Hogmanay celebrations, just seeing our immediate families but that’s not too different from usual, and it was a whole lot better than in 2020. We ate a lot of food and played some games so it was all good.
What did your December look like?