Somehow it is not only 2022 but it is the end of the first month of 2022.
What I have read
I haven’t started off very well towards my goal of 100 books in 2022, in fact all month the little counter on the Goodreads homepage has been telling me how many books I am behind by. Right now it’s at 3 books behind but at one point it was 4.
My excuses are that I spent the first week of the month not well and then I have mostly been reading one very long book since then!
What I have read is:
- Last Scene Alive (Aurora Teagarden #7) – Charlaine Harris
- Call the Midwife (Call the Midwife #1) – Jennifer Worth
- Five Get Into a Fix – reviewed here
- Poppy Done to Death (Aurora Teagarden #8) – Charlaine Harris
- Go Tell the Bees That I Have Gone (Outlander #9) – Diana Gabaldon
And I’m still working on:
- The Borrow a Bookshop Holiday – Kiley Dunbar
- A Batchelor Establishment – Isabella Barclay (aka Jodi Taylor)
- Cookie – Jacqueline Wilson
The Outlander book was the long one – coming in at 902 pages!
What I have watched
- The last rounds of Only Connect, and more House of Games.
- I’ve finished season five of Charmed and I’m nearly at the end of season six.
- The Christmas special and what’s been shown so far of Call the Midwife series 11
- We also watched Encanto as a family
What I have done
- Completed the two jigsaws that I got for Christmas and started one with Ewan that I got him for his Christmas.
- Went for walks in the Botanic Gardens, on the beach and in any bits of woodlands that are actually still open after all the storms, and found a few geocaches along the way. I also collected various more bits of sea glass and pottery, then organised them in a new box I bought.
- Helped my mother in law build her Lego bookshop set, and installed a light set in it as well.
- Celebrated Burns night twice – first at our house with potato and leek soup, veggie haggis pie, veg, yorkshire puddings and cranachan (plus Irn Bru jelly babies and tablet). Then a week later at my sister in law’s with veggie haggis tacos and cranachan.
- Had a fancy afternoon tea at a hotel for my mum’s 60th birthday
What did your January look like?